- Ski Hill - Downhill Skiing & Snowboarding - Whitetail Ridge challenges skiers of all ages, from the novice to the experienced on the slopes supported by the National Ski Patrol. Enjoy downhill slopes with a vertical drop of over 185 feet. A self-loading T-bar serves the slopes where the longest run is 1,300 feet. Snowboarding your thing? Come check out the terrain park!
- Snow Tubing - Grab a tube and head down one of the 5 runs! The 800' long slope, it's sure to be a thrill! The tubing area has a NEW Magic Carpet, so the ride up is just as fun! Must be 38" tall or a parent must sign a waiver.
- Cross Country Skiing - Ski over 5 miles of scenic country on our groomed trails. The abundant wildlife often make appearances on the beautiful trails! Trail use is free; equipment rental available for $10/day.
- Snow Conditions
Snow Base Condition Open Runs Tubing Lanes 1-6 feet Good 3 6
- 2020 Events
DATE EVENTJan 4Snowshoeing for BeginnersJan 25Winter ExtravaganzaFeb 8Moonlit Snow Shoe Tour
- Daily Passes | Season Passes | Equipment Rental
LIFT + SNOW TUBING PASSES (DAILY) Public Military Friday $27 $20 Saturday $37 $30 Saturday Evening (3-9 pm) $27 $20 Sunday $27 $20 SNOW TUBING PASSES (DAILY) Public Military Friday or Sunday $12 $10 Saturday $17 $15 Family/Group of 4 Day Pass (Sunday Only) $40 $30 Snow Day (If Sparta and/or Tomah Schools are closed) $12 $10 EQUIPMENT RENTAL (DAILY) Public Military Snowboards, Skis, Snow Shoes or
Cross County Skis
$20 $10 Helmets, Boots, Poles $5 $5 SEASON PASSES
New this year! Season Passholders receive an Intro to Skiing/Snowboarding Class.
Public Military Single Lift + Tubing $250 $150 Additional Family Member Lift + Tubing $125 $75
Group Pricing is available for groups of 25 or more. Call +1(608)388-3517 for details.
Whitetail Ridge Ski Area is located near Fort McCoy between Sparta and Tomah on Hwy 21 with the entrance approximately 1.6 miles west of the Fort McCoy Main gate. Watch for the Pine View Campground/Whitetail Ridge Ski Area signs and follow them to the campground.
Mailing Address: 1668 South J St, Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Physical Address: West J St, Fort McCoy, WI 54656
From the La Crosse Area:
1. Take I90 East to WI Hwy 27 (Exit 25-Sparta/Melvina Exit, approximately 23 miles)
2. Take a Left onto WI Hwy 27 (also known as Black River Street)
3. Take a Right on Montgomery Street (3rd set lights from Interstate, approximately 2.5 miles)
4. Go straight through the first stop sign
5. Take a Left at the second Stop Sign (Hwy 21)
6. Continue straight on WI Hwy 21 for approximately 7 miles
7. Take a Left by the Pine View Campground/Whitetail Ridge Ski Area sign and follow the signs to the Ski Area.
From Madison/Tomah Area:
1. Take I94 to Tomah (exit 143 Tomah/Fort McCoy)
2. Take a Left onto WI Hwy 21 (west)
3. Go straight through 2 sets of stop lights (you will pass Subway and at the second set of lights a Super Wal-Mart)
4. Continue straight on WI Hwy 21 for approximately 9 miles
5. Take a Right by the Pine View Campground/Whitetail Ridge Ski Area sign and follow the signs to the Ski Area.
If you have any problems finding Whitetail Ridge Ski Area, please call 608-388-4498.
- National Ski Patrol
The National Ski Patrol (NSP) is a member-driven professional organization of registered ski patrols striving to be recognized as the premier provider of training and education programs for emergency rescuers serving the outdoor recreation community. To meet that goal, and promote the safe enjoyment of snow sport enthusiasts, NSP supports its members through accredited education and training in leadership, outdoor emergency care, safety programs and transportation services.
The National Ski Patrol (NSP), founded in 1938, has followed its creed of "Service and Safety" since the establishment of skiing as a popular sport in the United States. As snow sports and guest services at areas have evolved over the years, so has the NSP, from a service organization to a modern-day professional education association. Other snow sports such as snowboarding, tubing, and snow-skating introduced new equipment and new terrain, which in turn required developing and teaching new safety and emergency care training methods. Increased access to the backcountry, beyond ski area boundaries, has also meant new training regimens for member of the NSP.
Today the organization is composed of more than 26,000 members serving over 650 patrols. These individuals include alpine, Nordic and auxiliary patrollers who are paid or who volunteer their time throughout the United States and at certain military areas in Europe. The organization's members are engaged in the promotion of safety programs across the outdoor recreation community. NSP members work on behalf of local ski and snowboard areas to improve the overall snow sports experience for outdoor recreation.
Whitetail Ridge is located near scenic Fort McCoy and is open to the public.
Come enjoy fantastic winter fun with us!
Tactics Paintball and Laser Tag is also located at Whitetail Ridge. For more information about programming and special events at Whitetail Ridge, please call +1(608) 388-4498 or +1 (608)388-3517 or +1 (800)531-4703.